Piping Engineer is responsible for substantial part of total project cost.
Completion of Piping activities on time is critical to completion of the project in
- Prepare all installation and selection documents for all mechanical equipments.
- Collaborate with team of designers to complete all mechanical capital projects and provide all engineering support.
- Prepare and design all construction bid documents.
- Provide support to all expense projects and maintain accuracy in all piping project and ensure compliance to all piping material specifications and maintain knowledge on all orders.
- Analyze all mechanical designs and prepare various concepts for piping designs and develop required mechanical drawings.
- Provide support to all purchase activities and evaluate all vendor submittals.
- Inspect all mechanical equipments and analyze all equipments and ensure adherence to all present technology.
- Provide assistance to all senior engineers and recommend improvements to all design and travel to site to analyze all equipment and maintain efficient relation with all plant personnel.
- Assist to make arrangements for all business trips for various departmental tasks and design all technical specifications and assist to procure and fabricate all materials.
- Coordinate with various teams to administer all assignments.
- Provide appropriate solutions for all parties and evaluate and analyze all client requirements and design all piping specifications for clients and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Interpret all codes and maintain overall performance of all piping activities.
- Provide support to all CADD functions and develop and maintain all activities according to project schedule and prepare appropriate forecasts.
- Develop new methods to recommend improvements to all activities of piping section.
A piping Engineer should pay specific attention to the following aspects.
Piping design must be adequate to meet the process specification & Physical conditions
in which the plant is to operate.
Adequate design must be achieved at an Economic cost with in the project budget.
Design Should be optimized to minimize the overall project cost as well as operations &
Maintenance costs of the facility
CLARITY & ACCURACY
Piping Engineer has to Interact with various other departments like process, Mechanical,
civil Structural, instrumentation, electrical .Piping Engineer will require data from many
or all of the above departments to carry out his design similarly Piping design data will be
used by various departments to finalize their design. Hence clarity &accuracy of piping
design works is very important to avoid mistakes and rectifications at a later stage which
many prove to be very costly and can delay the project completion.